SELF CONFIDENCE OR PRIDE?

   So I've been arguing this over with someone. Is it right to gloat over yourself or you're supposed to tone it down? It's not exactly like that but, well it's like this;
  If someone asks you if you're a good person, what would be your reply?
   I would say yes, straight away with much conviction. But then my friend says( he's male, btw) that it's wrong to say that and I'm supposed to say "I try to be". I strongly disagree, however, because I take it as a confidence or a self-esteem boost to say and tell yourself nice things.
   I believe in stuff like "Every morning look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself; I look gorgeous, I look beautiful", "Embrace yourself and don't let anyone influence how you feel about yourself", "Love yourself and don't let anyone tell you otherwise". And other positive things you need to tell yourself cause it works. At least, it worked for me. You could start this once in a while, like when you're about to head out and you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror, you could tell yourself "I clean up good". Now, even if you tell me a thousand, no; a million times, that I'm not beautiful or that my facials are not so good, It doesn't bother me. Why? Cause I've embraced the fact that though I might not be as pretty as some other girls, or like celebrities, I'm me. And that's what matters.  Cause no matter what you say my self confidence is not going down. Also cause I've insulted myself too much that there's nothing you'll say that'll get me down.
   So people, I tell you this; if you want to discover yourself, start with yourself, start with looking deep into yourself. Look at your good and bad sides; your strong and weak points. You don't need to throw yourself away or give up on yourself just cause your legs aren't pretty, or your face is full of pimples. Emphasize your good points always, so even when someone brings up a bad point, it seems like nothing to you. Start looking at your bad sides with a positive attitude. At times, my eyes look crossed when I put off my glasses; and when people comment on it, I just nod or don't say anything at all. I have a little crossed eyes, so what? I also have Korean eyes, and I'm not Korean!!! 
   So I believe once you can work on yourself, you're already on the way. Once you can take criticism well, you're halfway there. Self confidence is too important cause there are a lot of people out there who just want to destroy your mood and kill your vibe. Sometimes they just want to mess with your mood for no reason. Also, don't forget that self discovery is a continuous process, you never get there, after all. I'm also still learning. It's a lifetime thing.
   Back to the argument at hand. My friend feels that affirming that you're a good person means you're gloating, and nullifying the attribute of you as a good person. DO YOU AGREE WITH THAT? I personally feel like it's not pride, it's a self-confidence boost. After all, we all have a bit of good in us, no matter how evil you are.
 I'm going to do a poll about this on my twitter account, my handle is @oat_tracy

Sorry guys, I know I said I was going to publish something else, but I really had to put this out there.
I'll have to do that another time. I expect your feedback on this.
  Till next time- Tracie...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR BIGGEST FEARS

FIRST POST

SELF DISCOVERY- FRIENDS...